Reliable Heating Repair to Keep You Warm
When temperatures start to drop, a warm home is the most welcoming and comfortable place to be. You rely on your heating system to provide safety and comfort during those long winter months, so when something goes wrong, you will need a trusted professional to quickly fix your system.
Based in San Antonio and serving Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, and the surrounding areas, Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. specializes in heater repairs to keep you, your family, and your business warm and cozy all winter long. At the first sign of trouble with your heating system, contact us for an immediate diagnosis. Our trained and certified San Antonio heater repair technicians can troubleshoot any heating system and help repair any make or model. We work on both residential and commercial properties so that whether you are at home or work, you can stay safe and warm inside.
Fast Heater Repair to Restore Your Comfort
A broken heater requires a quick fix so that you aren’t stuck in the cold. Luckily, our trusted team of San Antonio heater repair experts can be at your door as soon as something goes wrong.
Our Commercial & Residential San Antonio Heating Repair Services Include:
- Basic heating repair and part replacements
- Mechanical inspections
- Air filtration
- Test and balancing
Heaters do not always break during 9:00 – 5:00 business hours, so you will often need to turn to a company that offers around-the-clock emergency services. With our San Antonio furnace repair services, we understand that emergencies can happen at any time, so we’re available for you 24/7, day or night. We’re also proud to have earned a positive reputation in the San Antonio community for or dedication to providing excellent customer service!
Why Does My Furnace Smell?
One of the more common indicators that something’s wrong with your heater or furnace is when it starts to give off a bad smell.
Depending On The Smell, The Issue Could Be Caused By:
- Electrical Issue: Do you detect a burning plastic smell? The culprit could be a stuck object in the ductwork that gives off an odor when it gets overheated. Inspect your registers and remove all of them to look for a dropped toy or a spill. If you suspect it’s a more serious issue, call a professional San Antonio heating repair technician to take a look.
- Mold: A moldy odor usually means that mold is trapped in the furnace filter. An easy solution (and preventative) is to change the filter. If your furnace has a humidifier attached to it, be sure to inspect the filter annually and replace or clean as often as needed. That way, your humidifier filter won’t collect mold and cause a foul smell.
- Smoke: Smoke is one of the more alarming smells we can detect. You might have a blocked chimney, which can send smoke back through the furnace and into the ductwork. So if you suspect that your chimney is clogged, call your HVAC pro.
Typically, changing the filter can prevent complications with your furnace. But if you’re unsure about where the problem is coming from or how to fix it, give your expert San Antonio furnace repair tech a call. At Schmidt Mechanical, we are here to help you with any and all of HVAC emergencies that might arise, including furnace complications. Remember, no matter how big or small the problem, we’re here to help!
Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
While a full-scale breakdown of your heater may be obvious, many issues with your heating system start small and go unnoticed for weeks or even months. To prevent an inconvenient and chilly disruption to your routine, it is important to keep a close watch for signs of failure and call a licensed heating professional if you notice something wrong.
Your Heater May Need To Be Repaired If:
- You hear squeaking, grinding, or rattling noises coming from your unit
- Your heater constantly turns on and off, known as “short cycling”
- Your thermostat needs constant adjustment to keep you comfortable
- Your monthly heating costs are higher than they should be
Heating Maintenance in San Antonio
We also offer monthly maintenance contracts, seasonal maintenance agreements, and financing with approved credit for residential jobs. To make sure we offer the absolute best service and heater repairs in San Antonio, we use only factory-authorized parts and keep most parts stocked in our vans for quick repairs. We also offer free estimates on full heating system replacements in case it is time for a complete heater overhaul.