Fast & Effective AC Repair so You Can Stay Cool
Are you in need of an air conditioning repair service in San Antonio, TX? If so, Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. is here to help! There’s nothing worse than a hot summer day in San Antonio without a properly functioning air conditioning system. A broken AC unit can be disastrous for the comfort of your home. Not only is it uncomfortable to go without air conditioning, but it can pose a serious health and safety risk during a South Texas summer.
When you need a trusted HVAC company to perform air conditioning repair in San Antonio, turn to Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. We have worked with residential and commercial customers throughout San Antonio, including Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills and other surrounding areas. Our HVAC technicians are trained to quickly diagnose your issues so we can help get your home or commercial building’s air back up and running again.
AC Repair Services in San Antonio, TX
As fully insured and licensed heating and cooling contractors in the city of San Antonio and the state of Texas, our HVAC technicians are familiar with all makes and models of air conditioning equipment and can get your cooling system restored to prime condition in no time. Our San Antonio AC repair team will give your system a full mechanical inspection, perform testing and balancing and take care of any air filtration and ductwork issues or replace the unit if that’s what’s needed. At Schmidt Mechanical, we believe in building relationships with our customers built on trust. After diagnosing their air conditioning issues, we educate our customers on what options they have available to them so they can make the best decision for their home and budget.
Our AC repair services in San Antonio include:
- Monthly maintenance contracts for commercial
- Seasonal maintenance agreements
To ensure that our San Antonio AC repair service is of the highest quality, we only use factory authorized parts and equipment. We are proud to work with Trane products. Trane believes in producing products that are reliable, durable, and long lasting, qualities which we want our workmanship to reflect with each and every job we take.
How to Diagnose AC Problems
There is nothing worse than your air conditioner suddenly turning off on a hot summer day. Luckily, your AC unit will typically show signs warning you about potential malfunctions long before it goes completely out. Educating yourself on potential problems can help the issue be identified before you put yourself in an unpleasantly hot situation. Check out some of the following reasons why your air conditioner may fail and how to address the issue.
Common AC problems our technicians see are:
- Improper operation: When your air is on, make sure no windows or doors are open or cracked. This will prohibit the unit from operating efficiently and cause you to have higher than normal utility bills.
- Faulty installation: This can result in leaky ducts and low airflow. Leaky ducts cause homeowners to lose an average of 30% of their air conditioning before it ever reaches the interior of their home.
- Poor service procedures: Many inexperienced service technicians fail to find refrigerant charging problems and can worsen the issue by adding refrigerant to an already full system. Our experienced HVAC technicians are trained to properly diagnose your home’s AC problems and find the best solutions for repairing the issue.
- Inadequate maintenance: Routine system maintenance is required to ensure the unit runs as efficiently as possible. We recommend having your air conditioner serviced before you turn it back on in the spring.
- Refrigerant leaks: If your unit is low on refrigerant, it either was undercharged or there is a leak. Schmidt Mechanical’s repair technicians can easily fix any leaks quickly as they can be harmful to the environment.
- Electric control failure: The compressor and fan controls can wear out due to excessive use. Electrical connections should be checked during a maintenance call.
- Drainage problems: When it is humid outside, the condensate drain could clog and drain improperly. A clogged drain can allow mold, mildew and fungus to grow or flooding to occur, causing damage to flooring, drywall and cooling equipment.
Air Conditioning System Maintenance
Staying proactive will help prevent the need for future repairs, so it’s important to properly maintain your air conditioning system. Treat it with care so that you won’t need to spend money on unnecessary fixes later on. Properly maintaining your heating and cooling systems not only helps prevent expensive repair bills, it also helps extend the life of your equipment. Another long-term benefit of proactive maintenance is increased energy efficiency. Routine maintenance for your air conditioner allows your system to operate at peak performance, which will help significantly reduce the cost of cooling your home and save you money on your utility bills.
To keep your AC unit in great shape, we recommend the following:
- Don’t place electrical devices that generate heat (such as your TV) near the thermostat
- Replace AC filters once a month
- Keep the temperature inside set as high as comfortably possible
- In humid weather, keep the fan speed at low. Otherwise, keep the fan speed set on high
- Use small trees or shrubs to shade your AC unit outside
- Install ceiling fans to help circulate cool air indoors
24-Hour Emergency AC Repair in San Antonio
Even if you follow all of these tips, your system is still susceptible to unexpected problems. We know that issues can arise at any time, so we are available 24 hours a day to handle your emergency air conditioning repairs in San Antonio and the surrounding area. Let the HVAC professionals at Schmidt Mechanical Group, Inc. get your system back up and running so that your comfort can be restored.